COVID-19: MSNJ Actions
Monday, March 16, 2020
MSNJ has been actively working with NJ leaders on several initiatives to secure the healthcare workforce:
1. Please review all the latest guidance at www.msnj.org.
2. Last week MSNJ urged legislative leaders to remove all barriers for physicians to see patients via video means. Legislation was passed by the Assembly today to expand the ability of physicians to continue to see patients that can be appropriately cared for remotely via any platform.
3. MSNJ is contacting DOBI to issue a bulletin directing insurers to pay for telemedicine services delivered during this crisis.
4. MSNJ is aware of the limited amounts of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available in the market. Supplies of PPE are being rationed in hospitals throughout NJ. A significant amount of PPE is manufactured in China, so we are focusing on streamlining the ability to see patients virtually.
5. MSNJ and the NJ Hospital Association are debriefing daily on issues confronting physicians and facilities. Please forward issues, concerns or potential solutions you are seeing to MSNJ to bring to state leaders.
6. Postponed the MSNJ Annual Meeting scheduled for May 1-2, 2020.
7. MSNJ will host a COVID-19 update at its Board of Trustees meeting on March 18.
8. Increased testing will be occurring this week with many more cases discovered. MSNJ has identified several video conferencing platforms members can access to continue to see patients during the crisis.